The instruction is shown below. Just click on "Ascend" button. You will be given a step-by-step guide how to apply a fold. If you miss a step, then just click on "Descend" button to go back to the previous step.
If the screen is blank, just wait until it shows a message saying "Are you ready to get started?". If you find any bugs on this instruction, please send an email to.
If you are ready now, let's have a fun learning to a crimp-fold in origami.
Are you ready to get started?
Here you will learn how to apply a crimp-fold in origami.
The "crimp-fold" symbol consists of one valley-fold, one mountain-fold and a valley-folded line connecting two folds.
1. Here we want to start a folded paper before applying a crimp-fold.
So Let's just apply a horizontal valley-fold to a plane origami paper to make it as a folded paper.
2. Let's apply a crimp-fold.
The crimp-fold symbol consists of one valley-fold, one mountain-fold, and a line connecting the valley-fold and the mountain-fold.
3. Prepare to apply an valley-fold and then unfold.
4. Prepare to apply another valley-fold and then unfold.
5. Now, open the paper.
6. Prepare to apply a valley-fold.
7. Prepare to apply another valley-fold.
8. Prepare to apply a horizontal valley-fold.
9. You have done a good job.
If the left side is the mountain-fold and the right side the valley-fold, then you just need to apply a valley-fold on the right crease line to the right side and then another valley-fold afterwoard.
10. Congratulation! You have completed applying a crimp-fold.
The instructions for the 1st case of "crimp-fold" will be shown in this link.
Click on the above link to learn how to make the 1st case of crimp-fold.
The instructions for the 2nd case of "crimp-fold" will be shown in this link.
Click on the above link to learn how to make the 2nd case of crimp-fold.